Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shrimp Fest Gulf Shores, Alabama


The 38th Shrimp Fest at Gulf Shores, Albama was a fun day, it was hotter than heck, 92 and humidity was 87%, we were on the cement street and thousands of people around so you could really feel the temp...... they had over 200 vendors with more seafood than you can believe, and arts and crafts. Gulf Shores is right on the beach, notice the white sand.  We walked down to the water to cool off as there was a cool breeze there. I was in the water and reached down to pick up a shell and the water washed the sand out from under my feet and I took a nose dive...... well I was all wet and had to walk back through the festival to get to the car.  So I wrung out what I could and went with it.  I won't see these people again anyway ha ha.  The John Deere machine above was an ice cream maker.  I had a strawbeery waffle cone and it was excellent.  They had entertainment all day and evening of the festival.  Martina McBride was there on Fri. night but we didn't go till Sunday.....

No comments: